The values of honesty, integrity, scholarship, and academic excellence are central to the mission of MedTech. All members of the community, including faculty, staff, and students, are expected to adhere to the values of honesty, integrity, fairness, and mutual respect at all times, in both their academic and non-academic endeavors. Furthermore, all members of the community are expected to promote these values.
Students are required upon enrollment in MedTech to sign a MedTech code of honor. By signing the code of honor, students are trusted to adhere to the above values. Any breach of this code of honor compromises the spirit of trust and negatively impacts the mission and image of the University.
Violations of the MedTech code of honor include:
Academic Integrity Violations
- Plagiarism of ideas or words.
- Fabrication of data or sources.
- Submitting the same assignment in more than one course, without the consent of the prior knowledge of the instructor.
- Unauthorized collaboration.
- Aiding another student in committing academic misconduct.
Inappropriate behavior on school grounds and in classrooms
- The use of electronic devices such as mobile phones in the classroom.
- The use of personal computers or laptops during class time without the approval of the instructor.
- Smoking inside school buildings.
- Consumption of alcohol or any type of narcotics on school grounds.
- Eating and drinking during class time.
- Inappropriate attire on MedTech grounds.
- Disrespectful conduct towards MedTech staff members.
- Disrespectful conduct towards fellow students.
- Disrespect of library regulations and any notices and regulations posted in specific areas on campus.
- Disrespect of campus as a space for learning, including disruptive behavior or the damage of equipment in classrooms, laboratories, and other facilities.